From: Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.philobiblon.com
[mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU]On Behalf Of Susan Lightcap
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2000 11:17 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Marbling problem

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C01CCC.6DA35260

If a bit too much ox gall gets added to acrylic paints during prep for =
marbling paper, is it possible to remove some of the excess gall by, oh, =
letting the paints sit awhile in opened containers in the hope that the =
gall will evaporate somewhat?  Do I have to throw out the paint and =
start over?  Opinions, thoughts?

Thanks, everyone.

Susan

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C01CCC.6DA35260

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>If a bit too much ox gall gets added to acrylic paints during prep =
for=20
marbling paper, is it possible to remove some of the excess gall by, oh, =
letting=20
the paints sit awhile in opened containers in the hope that the gall =
will=20
evaporate somewhat?&nbsp; Do I have to throw out the paint and start =
over?&nbsp;=20
Opinions, thoughts?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks, everyone.</DIV>