Re: Book Art Criticism: blank books

Joyce
    I liked your comments about blank books. I think your idea of
including Some Things to Do with a blank book is a great idea. One
thought I'd share is the difference I've found between the way kids
approach blank books and the way adults do. My early experience in
teaching simple bookmaking was with adults. I found they tended to be
intimidated by their creations and afraid to write in them. With kids,
it is usually the opposite. They can't wait. They are instantly inspired
by the book waiting for their words. It's a joy to watch.

--
Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord
Newburyport, MA

skgaylord@makingbooks.com