Cutting Surface

Hi Everyone,

I have a table that I want to set up just for use as a
cutting table. I can't affort a self-healing mat
(about $100) to cover the entire table top so I was
wondering if there are any less expensive alternatives
for inexpensive, yet somewhat durable cutting
surfaces. If it is cheap enough, I don't mind
replacing it every few months.

Thanks,

Kevin