Re: Cutting Surface

We have used with good results a sheet of tin. Yes it is hell on the tips of
blades. But when considering what you replace more often. Your entire
cutting surface - or - a pack of blades the tin becomes more logical.

It scores - yes - but only lightly. Thus the tendency of a softer surface to
deviate the tip of your blade as it passes over a  previous cut is
eliminated.  This ovoids the mis-cuts we used to get with wood, linoleum,
board, etc.

I have used the same sheet of tin for several years now with out having to
replace it and I don't believe I change blades all that more often.

KK

LCB & B