Re: Cutting Surface

Try the retail fabric stores.  They usually have cutting mats of different
sizes, for well under $100.  The one I have is an "Alvin cutting mat".  It is
green, but I have seen them in gray.  It doesn't say "self healing" but I've had
it for 7 years.  I think I paid about $20 for it.  The grid lines on the mat
help to make a square cut.  If you cut on the same grid line over and over, it
begins to cut a groove into the mat.  But after 7 years, I think I got my
money's worth.

regards,
Terrence Collins
Salem College