Re: Cutting Surface -- on a guillotine

Suggestion:
For many years we have used one of the self-healing mats in our guillotine
cutter (hand-operated). The (bottom) stop on the cutter has been set so that
the blade makes minimal contact with the mat. Since the cuts are invariably
made along different lines, the mat eliminates any need to cut deeper than
necessary whereby the wooden or plastic cutting stick would be scored and
used (damaged).
Prior to the use of the cutting mat, we used a sheet of binder board. But, as
we all know, there can be pieces of metal in the board that will damage the
cutting edge of a guillotine blade.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA   16695