GBW Auction

Hello to the List -

I'd like to remind everyone that The Guild of BookWorkers is just ten days
away from its fifth annual Auction in conjunction with the 'Standards of
Excellence Seminar' in Salt Lake City, Utah.  I encourage everyone to check
your closets, under your workbench, in the attic, etc., and consider making a
donation to a very worthy cause.  Not only is The Guild of BookWorkers a
nonprofit organization, but we are happy to say that part of the proceeds of
lasts years auction have been earmarked to sponsor THREE scholarship
recipients to attend this years event. And best of all - we are again honored
to have Mr. Bill Drendel serving as our illustrious (and humorous) auctioneer!

Following is just a sampling of past donations to spark your imagination and
get you thinking about what YOU might have to offer.  At the bottom of this
notice I have listed the name and address of our volunteer in Utah to which
all donations be sent, but because I personally prepare advance placards with
brief descriptions, kindly e-mail me a BRIEF description along with your best
guess of the items' value so I can take care of advance paperwork.  With
barely ten days to go, please mail or UPS your donations to Helen Peters
within the next few days.

Here is a brief list of some of our past donations to spark your imagination:

Limited Editions Books                    Books in Sheets
         Bookbinding Instruction Manuals      Sewing frames, backing hammers
Artists Books                                  Bone folders, paring knives,
small tools
Handmade/handmarbled papers       Handmade stationery, note cards
Bookbinding Equipment & Tools       Marbling supplies
Calligraphy books and supplies        Bookbinding leathers, cloths or papers
Book-shaped novelties (salt shakers, canisters, flasks, etc.)
Prints, posters, calligraphed pieces  Bottles of wine, champagne, etc.
Marbled jewelry, scarves                 Brass tools, finishing stoves, gold
leaf
Private consultations, free workshops and lessons, services
Fine Bindings, Design Bindings       Paper Cuttings
Exhibition Catalogs                         Miniature books, pop-ups, etc.
Blank books, diaries, etc.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Karen L. Crisalli, President
The Guild of BookWorkers

PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR DESCRIPTION TO:
karenc5071@aol.com

PLEASE SEND YOUR DONATIONS TO:
Ms. Helen M. Peters, Development Officer
College of Humanities, University of Utah
255 S Central Campus Drive, Room 2100
Salt Lake City, Utah  84112-0493