Book snakes

--=====================_2105413==_.ALT

>How about a fabric tube filled with beans? (Adzuki, say, or mung, if not
>kidney). There are similare, but fatter things made as heating pads (stick
>in microwave to heat, then apply) tho they aren't stuffed full.

Beans are on the light side for holding books down.

>Also, there are those leather things, semirigid to hold books opoen, cost
>about $10 I think. I think i saw them in various catalogues and at
>Restoration Hardware.

They slide off very easily -- especially off the open leaves of awkward
books (eg large, tightly bound, old, valuable). -tb

Terry Belanger  :  University Professor  :   University of Virginia
Book Arts Press : 114 Alderman Library : Charlottesville, VA  22903
Tel: 804/924-8851   FAX: 804/924-8824  email: belanger@virginia.edu

--=====================_2105413==_.ALT

with beans? (Adzuki, say, or mung, if not<br>
kidney). There are similare, but fatter things made as heating pads
(stick<br>
in microwave to heat, then apply) tho they aren't stuffed
Beans are on the light side for holding books down.<br>
things, semirigid to hold books opoen, cost<br>
about $10 I think. I think i saw them in various catalogues and at<br>
They slide off very easily -- especially off the open leaves of awkward
books (eg large, tightly bound, old, valuable). -tb<br>
:&nbsp;&nbsp; University of Virginia</div>
22903</div>
belanger@virginia.edu</div>