Re: methylcellulose mysteries

If the package that holds the MC is not tightly sealed, the crystals get
damp and don't mix well.  I keep my MC in the original paper bag inside a
Ziploc bag with no mixing problems.  Sometimes the water's funky, too.  I
collect distilled water from my basement dehumidifier, feel extremely
virtuous and oh so thrifty, and mixing everything from carageenan to
watercolor to MC is a dream.

Susan