Re: Masters Programs in Book Arts?

>I am
>pretty sure there's not much in the way of Book Arts or Printmaking here,
>but maybe someone has a tip.

These aren't masters programs, but might keep you occupied while you're
there...

Oregon College of Arts and Crafts is right in Portland and has a very
comprehensive book arts program http://www.ocac.edu/bookarts.html . They
offer workshops for non-enrolled students as well and bring in first-rate
instructors.

Pacific Northwest College of Art in the Pearl District has a printmaking
department and also offers some continuing education classes
http://www.pnca.edu/

I would think if you contacted the Gilkey Print Center at the Portland Art
Museum they could direct you to some programs in the area. (if Gordon Gilkey
is still teaching a class or workshop through PNCA I'd definitely jump on
it)

There is also the Northwest Print Council http://www.art2u.com/NWPC/ . They
should be able to steer you towards a print studio in your area if you are
looking to make some prints on your own.

If you're interested in a quick trip east, contact Donna at Crow's Shadow
Institute outside Pendleton www.crowsshadow.org (3 1/2 hrs east of PDX) The
studio is available to visiting artists for a nominal fee.

Portland has a strong arts community - a quick look through the A & E
section of the Friday Oregonian newspaper should get you going.

Best wishes,
Roberta

Pendleton, Oregon
paper@oregontrail.net