Re: challenge machinery eyelet punch?

Arizona,

This machine sounds a little like a "paper drill", perhaps an early prototype.
Challenge makes them, and Gane Bros. & Lane carries (or did carry) a model some
years ago, and I found a distributor in my region.  They can be used to drill
holes through  stacks of paper.  There is a platen that is lowered first to
hold the material down against the drag of the punch itself.  The cutting edge
is a sharpened hollow bit (I have just now forgotten the term for it) that fits
into a chuck.  It spins, cutting rather than punching the hole.

You might call Challenge to see whether someone there can give you information
about the machine you have found.  The old number I have is (616) 842-8300 in
Grand Haven, MI, but it may be different now.

Hope this helps.

Carol
Eugene, OR