Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 17 Aug 2000 to 18 Aug 2000 (#2000-224)

THIS IS AN URGENT MESSAGE; I RECENTLY SUBSCRIBED TO DIGEST FORM OF THIS LIST; I WAS RECEIVING THE DIGEST OK UNTIL THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS; THEN YOUR SERVER APPARENTLY HAD SOME KIND OF MALFUNCTION AND MY EMAIL SPACE WORDWITCH@WEBSPAWNER.COM IS ABSOLUTELY JAMMED WITH MESSAGES FROM THIS LIST.
IT WENT FROM 1 PAGE TO 5 PAGES ALMOST OVERNIGHT.  I ONLY HAVE 4 MEGS OF SPACE HERE AND AM OPERATING MY COMPUTER WITHOUT A MOUSE AT THE PRESENT TIME;
I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO REMOVE THESE INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES WHICH IN THE FIRST PLACE I SHOULD NOT BE GETTING.  I'M LEARNING ONLY ENOUGH RUDIMENTARY SKILLS WITH KEYBOARDING COMMANDS TO EVEN BE ABLE TO GET ON THE INTERNET AND MARGINALLY GET AROUND.
PLEASE FIX THIS MANUALLY, YOU ARE KILLING MY EMAIL CLIENT, IT WILL BE BOUNCING BY THE END OF THIS DAY TODAY!

SINCERELY,
MARGUERITE NABINGER
wordwitch@webspawner.com
DIGEST ONLY PLEASE

>Date:         Sat, 19 Aug 2000 09:52:16 -0500
>From: Bob Roberts <roroberts@JUNO.COM>
>Subject:      Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 17 Aug 2000 to 18 Aug 2000 (#2000-224)
>To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
>
>Sealing the inside cut while lining it (with paper, cloth, etc.) will
>hold the outer edges tight enough.
>
>        A plunge router would probably be most effective, with a wooden
>template clamped over the open textblock. It is common to leave the first
>perhaps 10-40 pages of the text untouched, so that even a casual leafing
>through the title page wouldn't reveal the hideaway.
>
>        I have several older (1700's) French books of this sort, which
>used the rear marbled flyleaf to line the inside edges of the box. The
>rear marbled pastedown shows through the cutout, so one has an attractive
>matching hole.
>
>Bob
>
> "Elizabeth A. Everson" <elanna@HOME.NET> writes:
>>Please respond to the entire list. I am doing a project like this and
>>could use
>>the advice
>>Thanks
>>elanna
>>
>>> Subject: Box-in-a-book
>>>        I have a commission to hollow out a book (I have yet to find)
>>which
>>> will =
>>> hold a box in which a computerized household control will be hidden.

Marguerite Nabinger
List Mom, Artwearables and
Loves Fashion! Loves to Dance!
wordwitch@webspawner.com