Re: Spray-Mount

Miriam,
Don't know whether spray mount is acidic or what plasticizers are in it,
but it is impermanent, and does fail after a while, i.e. the glue loses
it's adhesive properties and things start to fall off. I've seen this from
a wide variety of manufacturers on all sorts of different papers and other
materials.

You might want to consider Gudy-870. It's made by Neschen (Filmoplast...)
and is an acid-free/solvent-free acrylic adhesive. It even passed the Photo
Activity Test. Comes in a roll with a silicone paper carrier. Cut to shape
you need, apply, lift carrier, and smooth out/apply pressure. It's also a
lot neater than spray mount. Cost from Gaylord (others carry it too) for a
roll 12" x 33ft is $30. More than spray mount, but...

p.

>I was wondering if there is such a creature as archival spray mount? or
>any archival spray adhesive?

Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>
<Fax: 612.632.3718>