VARNISH-inkjet

This should probably not be to whole list, but oh well
Someone can pitch in because I don't know about the technical aspects
of this:
Barbara asked why inkjet prints don't smear when varnished with polymer
medium
The prints smear easily when they first come out, but after drying I
have never had
them smear.  I assumed the ink is plastic which isn't really moved after
it dries.
In fact, I have the opposite problem in my efforts to find a solvent to
transfer them
(but then the archives are full of that whole discussion).  Anyway, I
use polymer to
mount the print and then paint over it with a coat of polymer (matte
medium) to protect it.  They dont move.  Hope you find the effect/agent
you're looking for
Patricia Sterritt