INKJET SMEAR

Barbara, after our exchange I decided to test an inkjet image with
water, and it smears easily with just a wet finger.  Therefore I can
only attribute the fact that it did not smear to applying the polymer
coat lightly, quickly, in one direction, and not brushing back and
forth.  After the initial coat it's fixed, and repeated layers would not
pick up the ink once sealed.
Sorry if my other message misinformed; actually I don't think I ever put
any water on an image, and my experience with polymer medium was that it
never smeared them.  A pragmatic if not a very analytical
approach...Good luck
Patricia