low-$ book by hand/e- ?

I'm an author who'd like to publish a book of his own writings, which
includes visual text, as independently as possible. Also, I'd like to do
so inexpensively and in a way that yields high quality. Unfortunately, I
have almost no money. I have these questions:
~ Will the online print-on-demand systems (such as Xlibris) yield books
that won't fall apart after a year or five?
~ Is there some way I can print the book as hard-book by my own hand
with very low cost but high quality? (I know that it sounds absurd  ;>!
~ If not, is there some way I can print the book as hard-book by my own
hand with very low cost but _decent_ quality?
~ Are there ways to publish the book as e-book without enabling a buyer
to make many copies for friends and colleagues?
~ If so, can the software for such a single-e-book system be bought by
an individual author yet?
I appreciate your help.