Off List Replies

Greetings,  I have yet to understand the value to list members when a
question is answered off-list.  Care to share?  Bob

"Wow! So many people answered my query re: preserving methyl cellulose mix.
Thanks to all. What a great service this list provides.  Gary"

Bob Ritchie
Sandy Bay Books
1 Harraden Ave.
Rockport, MA  01966