Re: Keeping methyl cellulose

In a message dated 10/18/00 11:23:42 AM, garyh@HILLYSUN.COM writes:

<< Can I keep the methyl cellulose in a closed jar in my studio, or does it
need to be refrigerated? Same question for the mix...

Methyl Cellulose does not (should not?) need to be refrigerated. We have not
refrigerated it. The same is true for a mixture. As long as the "stock" is
not contaminated, there should be no trouble with mold, etc.
By the way, we have used a mixture of PVA (50%), methyl cellulose (25%) and
wheat paste (25%) for years with no problem without refrigeration.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA   16695
814-793-4020