Early Bookbinding Tools

I'm putting together a historical view of bookbinding tools -- I'm
interested specifically in very early equipment. So far I have images from a
12th century manuscript and some woodcuts from the 15th/16th century.

Can anyone offer any other information? Someone once referred to a museum in
Paris (I checked the archives but couldn't find it there) and I've just
heard a veiled reference to an early press which used wedges rather than a
screw.

Thanks for any help,
Whitney Dickinson