Re: Keeping methyl cellulose

Appropos the current discussion:

Our temperate climate here in Sydney, where it can be quite humid at
times, necessitates us putting our MC solutions and of course paste,
into the refigerator.  We have a separate fridge for such things,
including solutions for "aging" paper, super glue, etc.

But, as has been discussed, clean bottles, and (ideally) distilled
water, are a must.  When we had the mould problem, we started using
delivered drinking spring water, and, together with a fungicide, it
solved the problem.

Peter Krantz.
Book Restorations.
Sydney,