The Booklover's Repair Kit

My apologies to exlibrans, who have already received this.

I posted this info in response to a message about an online book repair
manual at
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~preserve/repair/repairindex.htm

As that message came in I was looking at something new that just came
in:

The Booklover's Repair Kit
First Aid for Home Libraries

By Estelle Ellis with Wilton Wiggins and Douglas Lee

It's a rather amazing thing, published by Alfred A. Knopf, that includes
a hardcover book illustrated by Tim Ely and all the tools and materials
you need to do a wide variety of book repairs. It's all in a
well-designed box with a slide out tray.

o        The Booklover's Repair Manual:

8 1/4 x 10 1/4, 160-page hard-cover, illustrated with instructional
drawings by Tim Ely and photos by Leonard Morris.

o        pH-neutral adhesive
o        document-cleaning pad
o        transparent mending tape
o        mounting and hinging tape
o        red cotton library tape
o        bone folder
o        art gum eraser
o        soft white eraser
o        Pink Pearl eraser
o        microspatula
o        dust cloth
o        silicone release paper
o        binder's board
o        archival mat board
o        Canson paper
o        cotton gloves
o        bamboo brush
o        china bristle brush
o        artist brushes, #2 and #4
o        knitting needle
o        plastic cutting board
o        bulldog clamps
o        archival permanent glue stick

The contents are (synopsis):

Mending tears in Pages
Reattaching loose flyleaves, pages and illustrations
Flattening wrinkles or folds in pages & flyleaves
Reinforcing loose covers
repairing and cleaning dust jackets
repairing damaged book corners
Distressed headbands