Re: tape residue

--=====================_1044250==_.ALT

>I use a book knife, very sharp, and ease it between the tape and the page
>its stuck to.  Keep everything flat on the surface and work away from you
>on portions at a time. It takes practice but works with Magic Mending and
>other similar types of tape.  Then I use a rubber cement pick up to gently
>roll up the adhesive into bits which I hand remove as I go.  No chemicals
>needed, just patience.

Claudia

Claudia Stall
Head, Collection Preservation Unit
San Diego State University Library
and Information Access
San Diego, CA  92182-8050

cstall@mail.sdsu.edu

"Be kind, do your best work, and touch the earth
gently"

--=====================_1044250==_.ALT

and ease it between the tape and the page its stuck to.&nbsp; Keep
everything flat on the surface and work away from you on portions at a
time. It takes practice but works with Magic Mending and other similar
types of tape.&nbsp; Then I use a rubber cement pick up to gently roll up
the adhesive into bits which I hand remove as I go.&nbsp; No chemicals
Claudia<br>

Head, Collection Preservation Unit<br>
San Diego State University Library <br>
and Information Access<br>