Re: tape residue

After receiving several different responses to my request several months
back with masking tape color and residue on the back of an original
painting, I decided to try the easiest ideas and work to the hardest.  When
I got to the masking tape sticky-roll, it lifted it all up with little
damage from color.  I would suggest the same for you--try the simplest idea
and work your way up.  Good luck.

Angee Cobb