Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 9 Dec 2000 to 10 Dec 2000 (#2000-336)

In a message dated 12/11/00 12:05:44 AM, LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU writes:

<<  <heather@JAIMINEE.FSNET.CO.UK> >>

Dear Heather:
Interesting that just after Peter posted the message about spam, this game
appears! I hope not to see this sort of thing on Book List. I get enough of
them from friends-- which I delete. I also reply with the following:

Schemes ask you to place your name on a list. Eventually, your name and
address supposedly reach the top of the list and you'll receive something
from others on the list. Chain letters ask you to forward a specific message
to others, promising good health, wealth, & luck. Both pyramid schemes and
chain letters are illegal and violations of AOL's Terms of Service.
For more information on the latest scams and schemes, go to Keyword:
Neighborhood Watch and click on Suggested Safeguards. You can also call AOL
for the latest information on online scams at 1-888-209-6656.
 apeachW96
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/tangobook">CHECK MY WEBSITE</A>