Handmade paper and pulp

--part1_80.42047d6.27679169_boundary

Hello,

Listmates discussing the making of handmade paper and pulp recently may be
interested in an article in our local paper yesterday about a program our
intermediate school district runs for special education students. They have a
specially-equipped Hollander Beater that allows students with physical
disabilities to operate it. The students gather recycled paper, as well as
plant materials growing on school grounds, to create some beautiful handmade
papers, notecards, die-cut tags, etc. Artists can even buy the pulp for their
own projects. Here is the URL to the article, which includes a phone number
where the program directors can be reached for more information:
http://www.traversecityrecordeagle.com/2000/dec/11pulp.htm

My only connection to the program is that I have a young son with a
disability who may one day participate in the program, and I have used the
paper products in some of my own art projects and book-making.

Suzanne in MI

--part1_80.42047d6.27679169_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Hello,
<BR>
<BR>Listmates discussing the making of handmade paper and pulp recently may be <BR>interested in an article in our local paper yesterday about a program our <BR>intermediate school district runs for special education students. They have a <BR>specially-equipped Hollander Beater that allows students with physical <BR>disabilities to operate it. The students gather recycled paper, as well as <BR>plant materials growing on school grounds, to create some beautiful handmade <BR>papers, notecards, die-cut tags, etc. Artists can even buy the pulp for their <BR>own projects. Here is the URL to the article, which includes a phone number <BR>where the program directors can be reached for more information:
<BR>http://www.traversecityrecordeagle.com/2000/dec/11pulp.htm
<BR>
<BR>My only connection to the program is that I have a young son with a <BR>disability who may one day participate in the program, and I have used the <BR>paper products in some of my own art projects and book-making.
<BR>
<BR>Suzanne in MI
<BR> </FONT></HTML>

--part1_80.42047d6.27679169_boundary--