Re: 17th century lead typeface

>I am curious to know if anyone is a aware of a source for type in a
>traditional 17th century face with the manuscript 'S' and other period
>characters?

Check out thelink below, they specialize in revivals and may have what
you're looking for. Most any foundry would be able and willing to digitize
a font following your specifications, only limitation is cost.

http://www.ragnarokpress.com/scriptorium/

regards &

Happy Holidays!!

Ignacio Franc=E9s
if@boybeaver.com

Create & Communicate with BoyBeaver Fonts
http://www.boybeaver.com

Biblio@BoyBeaver: Typography: The People & Their Story
http://www.boybeaver.com/biblio/index.html