Re: Permanence (was Laser printing)

--part1_bc.deee1af.277169cf_boundary

In a message dated 12/19/00 4:49:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ksdriedger@MINDSPRING.COM writes:

> I'm just curious why we value
> permanence over impermanence

Replying as an independent writer and producer of history books.  It is
critical to me (personally) that the books I produce be a permanent
record-of-history. Once I'm gone, that's it. These books are not likely to be
produced again. Since, I much prefer that my work be of lasting importance,
it is important that the work be in a form that lasts.  If there is one thing
that I've learned in my experience of researching, writing, and producing
history books it is; history is very fragile thing. Much like your book that
disapears upon being read, it takes tremendous effort to preserve it.
DT Fletcher

--part1_bc.deee1af.277169cf_boundary