Re: Permanence (was Laser printing)

The issue is much smaller than that. The digital fine artists were
the ones who pushed and pushed (and pushed) for inkjet inks that
lasted more than six months. We now have inks rated for 75-100 years
on acid=free paper under normal museum conditions. Our fear is that
something won't last long enough. I don't think we expect it to be
eternal. The very practical reason for the concern is that the inkjet
printers and consumables are horrifically expensive and if we can't
produce anything marketable with them (to pay for them), then the new
technology is useless.

Your discussion for some reason set me to picturing what would happen
if we put our 75 year ink on 70 year paper.

--
Leave it to Evedom to give you great style. http://evedom.com