Re: Permanence (was Laser printing)

--part1_f6.5d47dd6.27719289_boundary

Aside from laser, just imagine newsprint -- we do a 24 page monthly tabloid
web offset on newsprint - Now if we were to do the paper 8.5 by 11 on
archival the cost would be who knows - ten times what we now pay - however,
it is sad to think that the newprint will 'burn' super fast even compared to
books printed non-rag content !! My father's weekly newspaper files from the
30s on up are difficult to handle - ready to fall apart ! But what choice do
we have, can't pay ten times the price when we now rely on economics of web
and newsprint. Course we could do web and bond - but at what cost? I shudder.
Maybe there is more wide use of web and archival !
Mike

--part1_f6.5d47dd6.27719289_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Aside from laser, just imagine newsprint -- we do a 24 page monthly tabloid <BR>web offset on newsprint - Now if we were to do the paper 8.5 by 11 on <BR>archival the cost would be who knows - ten times what we now pay - however, <BR>it is sad to think that the newprint will 'burn' super fast even compared to <BR>books printed non-rag content !! My father's weekly newspaper files from the <BR>30s on up are difficult to handle - ready to fall apart ! But what choice do <BR>we have, can't pay ten times the price when we now rely on economics of web <BR>and newsprint. Course we could do web and bond - but at what cost? I shudder. <BR>Maybe there is more wide use of web and archival !
<BR>Mike</FONT></HTML>

--part1_f6.5d47dd6.27719289_boundary--