Re: Laser printing

I've used a Hewlett-Packard 5MP (600 dpi) and now have a Hewlett-Packard
4050 w/duplex attachment (1200 dpi) to print the books I've published
and, to me, the results are satisfactory.

I have not had a problem with cover images smearing when printed on
glossy paper.

For colored images on covers I use an Alps MD-1000 printer and it
also is satisfactory.

Many years ago I did letterpress and understand the difference, but
the laser printer allows me to publish & sell at a reasonable cost.

Jack

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon  97217
USA

(503)735-3942 (voice/fax)

http://www.teleport.com/~tcl

"The lyf so short; the craft so long to lerne"
Chaucer, <The Parlement of Foules> 1386 A.D.