Re: Laser printing

--part1_a5.f2422c8.2771ea11_boundary

In a message dated 12/20/00 1:39:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tcl@TELEPORT.COM writes:

> the laser printer allows me to publish & sell at a reasonable cost.

The last time I calculated, it was costing 1.6 cents per image page for
toner. I have very high graphics content. This also does not consider the
cost of the HP4000 hardware itself and maintenance ($500 rebuild every
350,000 pages or so)

I was seriously looking at the Tektronic color printers that advertised free
black ink for life!   Kept looking hard at the specifications for the hiccup
and if it was there it's speed. It appears that they're slow as syrup. It
would take hours to print a single book. Anyone out there know any different?

My major cost per book is toner.  Is anyone out there beating my 1.6 cents
per image page?
DT Fletcher

--part1_a5.f2422c8.2771ea11_boundary