Re: Laser printing

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Tim Sheppard wrote:
> Try spraying the printed page with fixative - available from art
> shops.

I like to print on Canson but find that the text can rub off.  The
fixative works OK, but I am not certain about it's long term durability
(not fade, but whether it will rub off).  In my experience the fuser
temperature on laser printers is not hot enough when using thicker papers,
cardboard, etc.  What I do is take the copies and then feed them through
the printer (or my copier) as blank pages to provide sufficient additional
heat to set the image.  Alternatively, a dry mount press or even an iron
may well work, but I've never tried either.

R*

Department of Psychology
UMBC
1000 Hilltop Circle