Re: Looking for Papermakers in the San Fran Bay Area

Hi - I'm a papermaker, on hiatus for lack of energy. Too bad I'm
across the country from SF. Your enthusiasm makes me happy - I'm
picturing you mallet in hand with a mountain of cooked abaca beating
it strand by strand as fast as you can in a race against rot and
stench. And the look on your face when you finish all that back
breaking work and end up with only a handful of putrid pulp.(I once
pounded hemp for three days straight.)Please post here when you're
finished.

Good luck and best wishes,
Mary Kay

--