Re: Laser printing

At 07:44 AM 12/22/2000 EST, you wrote:
>--part1_79.df6d19d.2774a6ad_boundary
>
>In a message dated 12/21/00 5:49:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>tcl@TELEPORT.COM writes:
>

>> .  I purchase paper in lots of 11" X 17" and then cut
>> it in half to get 8.5" X 11" paper for printing with the grain
>> running correctly for 2-up printing.
>
>I assume this is an economic move? Buying long-grain 8.5"x11" paper
>accomplishes the same thing, correct?
>DT Fletcher

No, D.T., 8.5"x11", long grain, folded to be sewn in the gutter puts the
grain in the wrong (short) direction. The grain of the page, and every
other component of the book, must run in the same direction as the spine
does. Check the archives for more discussion on paper grain.

Jacl is correct in cutting 11 x 17 long, a standard size, in half
horizontally to get 8.5 x 11 short needed for a book. It's the only way to
do it.

It could be cut from parent sheets but there is more waste that way so it's
more expensive.

Betty
Betty Storz   storz@mcn.org
Mendocino, CA