Re: Laser printing (correction)

It was too early in the morning for me to think straight. My previous
message should read:

No, D.T., 8.5"x11", long grain, folded to be sewn in the gutter puts the
grain in the right (SHORT) direction. The grain of the page, and every
other component of the book, must run in the same direction as the spine
does. Check the archives for more discussion on paper grain.

Jack is correct in cutting 11 x 17 long, a standard size, in half
horizontally to get 8.5 x 11 short needed for a book. It's the only way to
do it, unless you cut 17 x 22 into quarters.

It could be cut from parent sheets but there is more waste that way so it's
more expensive.

>Betty
>Betty Storz   storz@mcn.org
>Mendocino, CA