Re: Laser printing (correction)

--part1_a3.f92fb0b.2775321e_boundary

In a message dated 12/22/00 7:06:17 AM Pacific Standard Time, storz@MCN.ORG
writes:

> No, D.T., 8.5"x11", long grain, folded to be sewn in the gutter puts the
> grain in the right (SHORT) direction.

It seems you missed my point. We're talking about paper being printed on a
duplexing laser printer.To reduce curling, the use of long grain paper  is
desirable. What happens afterwards is not at issue.  In fact, with the
Unibind system I don't fold the paper afterward.

To reiterate: Assuming that the 17" x 11" paper was short grained, cutting it
in half results in the 8.5" x 11" paper being long grain, correct?

 Now, I could understand doing this from an economic standpoint, I could also
understand doing this if all you had was 17" x 11" paper on hand, but what I
don't understand is why it would be desirable to do this over just buying
long grain 8.5" x 11" paper in the first place?
DT Fletcher

--part1_a3.f92fb0b.2775321e_boundary