Re: Laser printing (answering my own question)

--part1_70.6478208.2775b47e_boundary

Finally figured out the answer to my own question about cutting down 11" x
17" paper to 8.5" x 11" paper  to make it long grain for running through a
duplex laser printer.  I wondered why one would want to do this, since long
grain 8.5" x 11" paper  was in fact available (Hammermill Tidal DP for one).
However, the simple answer is that most 8.5" x 11" paper is only available as
short grain. Duh! And, although the Hammermill paper is great stuff, it is
asking a bit much to limit all laser-duplex printing to a single paper. Thus,
the Mr. Thompson's brillant suggestion of converting  commonly available 11"
x 17" short grain paper into 8.5" x 11" long grain paper by cutting the 11" x
17" paper in half is a pretty handy idea. Thanks Mr. Thompson!

--part1_70.6478208.2775b47e_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Finally figured out the answer to my own question about cutting down 11" x <BR>17" paper to 8.5" x 11" paper &nbsp;to make it long grain for running through a <BR>duplex laser printer. &nbsp;I wondered why one would want to do this, since long <BR>grain 8.5" x 11" paper &nbsp;was in fact available (Hammermill Tidal DP for one). <BR>However, the simple answer is that most 8.5" x 11" paper is only available as <BR>short grain. Duh! And, although the Hammermill paper is great stuff, it is <BR>asking a bit much to limit all laser-duplex printing to a single paper. Thus, <BR>the Mr. Thompson's brillant suggestion of converting &nbsp;commonly available 11" <BR>x 17" short grain paper into 8.5" x 11" long grain paper by cutting the 11" x <BR>17" paper in half is a pretty handy idea. Thanks Mr. Thompson!</FONT></HTML>

--part1_70.6478208.2775b47e_boundary--