art and relationsips

This is a more philosophic question, then book art specific.

What are your thoughts? Can an artist be in a good relationship (love
relationship) and still produce good work as an artist. I work with
people who say "No". This discussion has arisen several times over my
lifetime and I ask you kind folks for your input. Are you all single,
miserable, deprived of love, yet your work is all the better for it?

Thanks!

Happy New Year...unless of course, the prospect of a 'happy' year
ruins your work...well, then, you could blame me, and then I'd be
miserable and...

Jennifer