Re: art and relationsips

G-d forbid!

I have been married for 33 years and know I am still in love,
but I find it very difficult  to evaluate my own work as an artist, a
calligrapher,
a graphic artist and a still almost fledgling bookmaker ...

So .... I will talk about others.

I've been buying and judging art for 4 decades
and while I've known some miserable people
who produced beautiful work;
they are rarer than the happy people
in loving relationships and loving environments
who produce beautiful work.

I have also known many artists and artisans
thru the rollacoasters of relationships,
love, happiness and even loss and death

and I know only one
whose work was "better"
when they were alone  ....