Re: art & relationships

--part1_b6.f52be84.27837446_boundary

What are your thoughts? Can an artist be in a good relationship (love
>relationship) and still produce good work as an artist.

So much to think about with this question producing a yes and no answer on my
part.

If an artist is going to produce good work, they will do it no matter what.
But what will interfere with the ability to produce good work is the amount
of time one must give up to nurture a new relationship.  If that relationship
is worth nurturing, that is.

>From personal experience I have found that a stable and good love
relationship will allow the artist to have the peace of mind to work
worryfree.  Well, from my point of view - of course.

However, what I have found is that the more people I have around me - in my
life (friends, family, pets...) the less time I have to produce work.  The
less time I have to produce work, the less time I have to grow and produce
better work.

I find it a fine balance between those I love and what I love to do.

Yes, I just sidestepped the ol' question, "Do you produce better work when
you are happy or when you are sad?"  I have always felt that there are many
roads that lead to Rome, therefore, there are many roads to roam.  What works
for one person may or may not work for another.

Carol Heppner

--part1_b6.f52be84.27837446_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>What are your thoughts? Can an artist be in a good relationship (love
<BR>&gt;relationship) and still produce good work as an artist.
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
<BR>
<BR>So much to think about with this question producing a yes and no answer on my <BR>part.
<BR>
<BR>If an artist is going to produce good work, they will do it no matter what. &nbsp;<BR>But what will interfere with the ability to produce good work is the amount <BR>of time one must give up to nurture a new relationship. &nbsp;If that relationship <BR>is worth nurturing, that is.
<BR>
<BR>From personal experience I have found that a stable and good love <BR>relationship will allow the artist to have the peace of mind to work <BR>worryfree. &nbsp;Well, from my point of view - of course. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>However, what I have found is that the more people I have around me - in my <BR>life (friends, family, pets...) the less time I have to produce work. &nbsp;The <BR>less time I have to produce work, the less time I have to grow and produce <BR>better work. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>I find it a fine balance between those I love and what I love to do.
<BR>
<BR>Yes, I just sidestepped the ol' question, "Do you produce better work when <BR>you are happy or when you are sad?" &nbsp;I have always felt that there are many <BR>roads that lead to Rome, therefore, there are many roads to roam. &nbsp;What works <BR>for one person may or may not work for another. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Carol Heppner
<BR>
<BR>