Re: art and relationsips

--part1_47.5b5b0b7.2786aad8_boundary

Folks who enjoyed the A-and-R thread might find this article interesting.

http://www.iida.com/communications/publications/perspective/summer98/industry.

htm

I chanced on this article because I am considering the purchase of a Haworth
TAS chair. Haworth, the second largest business furniture manufacturer in the
US, it seems, is a rather innovativative workplace.  One of their programs is
called "Scientific Minds"

This article, Child's Play  or Rediscovering creative learning environments.by
 CLARK THORP,  obviously taken from a somewhat differenct perspective,
addresses some of the issues brought up by Art and Relationships.

One portion of the "Scientific Minds" program that I can certainly vouch for,
when it comes to how outside voices (consultants, etc) are given much more
weight in making decisions inside a large corporation. One of the things I
learned, from working 14 years at Intel, was that if I really wanted
something done, I had to find a way to bring in a voice from outside the
company.  The bosses would never pay attention to me; after all, if I knew
anything why where they needed!?   But, if I brought in a customer, a paid
consultant, sometimes even a salesman, and have them say exactly what I
wanted them to say, the bosses would go for it everytime. Sorta weird really.
At times, Intel was one of the stupidest companies I've ever known and I've
known a whole bunch of companies.  This Haworth outfit sounds pretty
interesting though.
Happy New Years to all!
DT Fletcher

--part1_47.5b5b0b7.2786aad8_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Folks who enjoyed the A-and-R thread might find this article interesting.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.iida.com/communications/publications/perspective/summer98/industry.<BR><BR>htm
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial Narrow" LANG="0">
<BR>I chanced on this article because I am considering the purchase of a Haworth <BR>TAS chair. Haworth, the second largest business furniture manufacturer in the <BR>US, it seems, is a rather innovativative workplace. &nbsp;One of their programs is <BR>called "Scientific Minds" &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>This article, <B>Child's Play &nbsp;or </B>Rediscovering creative learning environments.by<BR><B> CLARK THORP</B>, &nbsp;obviously taken from a somewhat differenct perspective, <BR>addresses some of the issues brought up by Art and Relationships. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>One portion of the "Scientific Minds" program that I can certainly vouch for, <BR>when it comes to how outside voices (consultants, etc) are given much more <BR>weight in making decisions inside a large corporation. One of the things I <BR>learned, from working 14 years at Intel, was that if I really wanted <BR>something done, I had to find a way to bring in a voice from outside the <BR>company. &nbsp;The bosses would never pay attention to me; after all, if I knew <BR>anything why where they needed!? &nbsp;&nbsp;But, if I brought in a customer, a paid <BR>consultant, sometimes even a salesman, and have them say exactly what I <BR>wanted them to say, the bosses would go for it everytime. Sorta weird really. <BR>At times, Intel was one of the stupidest companies I've ever known and I've <BR>known a whole bunch of companies. &nbsp;This Haworth outfit sounds pretty <BR>interesting though.
<BR>Happy New Years to all!
<BR>DT Fletcher</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial Narrow" LANG="0">
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial Narrow" LANG="0">
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_47.5b5b0b7.2786aad8_boundary--