Shipping books

Greetings,  My local post office will not allow me to mail books
using the Bound and Printed category.  The brochure I was given
includes in the Bound and Printed category items of "editorial
material".  I would like to know if others have a. found an OFFICIAL
interpretation of that phrase "editorial material"; b. can cite
OFFICIAL reference which would permit books to be included as Bound
and Printed mail; c. could educate me further on this topic.  Thanks.
Bob
Bob Ritchie
Sandy Bay Books
1 Harraden Ave.