Re: Reconditioning old rubber stamps

I collect & use rubber stamps extensively in my textile & paper art. The
best solution I've found is to apply glycerine heavily to the rubber portion
of the stamp & put it in a plastic bag in a warm (not hot) area for a couple
of days. Works best with clean stamps, I generally use a toothbrush & dish
soap to clean mine up, but you might need a solvent based cleaner if they
are gunked up with oil or solvent based inks. A store that specializes in
art rubber stamps will generally have this cleaner. Good luck!

Andi

                            UNSUB Book_Arts-L
                           ALL COMMANDS GO TO:
                        LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU