Re: Moving Standing Press

Hello,

Does anyone on the list have experience with moving a standing press? The platen
is 16" x 24". I am not sure how much they weigh and am planning the move.  My
main question is whether I should take apart (lighter pieces) or keep together
(no assembly required). I cannot move it in the van upright, it would have to be
laying flat. I'm not sure if that might put undo stress on the support rods. If
I take it apart,  am I in for trouble when I try to get on the head frame back
home ?

Sincerely,

Michael McGarvey
First Hand Press