Re: teleport, earthlink

I don't understand what the problem is.  To the best of my knowledge,
teleport has never been a free ISP.

This is a recent message I've received from teleport/OneMain/earthlink:

Date: 5 Jan 2001 21:56:57 -0000
From: support@teleport.com
To: Customers@teleport.com
Subject: Important OneMain.com Update

Dear Teleport customer,

Over the last few weeks we have been keeping you updated about our
transition from Teleport to OneMain.com.  We are happy to report that this
change will be taking place during the early morning hours of Tuesday,
January 9th.

(snip)

As a reminder:

    - You can continue to use your same email address!

    - You will continue to access your email and the Internet the same way
      you do today, using the same local dial-up phone number.

(snip)

Thank you for your patience during this transition.  We look forward to
continuing to provide excellent customer service and a superior online
experience as a part of the OneMain.com/EarthLink community.

Sincerely,

Your OneMain.com/EarthLink Customer Service Team

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.
Portland, Oregon  97217
USA

(503)735-3942 (voice/fax)

http://www.teleport.com/~tcl

"The lyf so short; the craft so long to lerne"
Chaucer, <The Parlement of Foules> 1386 A.D.