Re: Perfect Binder recommendations

At 03:17 AM 01/31/2001 +0000, Bookseller Monthly wrote:
>Does anyone know of a relatively inexpensive machine that
>will take single sheets and bind them together attractively?

Many companies use a machine (which I'm sure I've seen for under a hundred
dollars) for which you slip the pages into a cardstock folder, insert it in
the machine, press something, and voila.  This would undoubtedly work with
paper substituted for a cardstock cover.

The only downside is that they're not as permanent as a comb binding --
i.e., if you put it on the table in front of you and flatten it out so that
it is flat, the pages will come loose.  (I used to work for an upscale
banking division with billionaire clients, and we used these for meeting
presentations.)

But they look very nice and professional, and are incredibly quick, easy,
and cheap to bind.  MUCH faster than comb bindings.