Re: WOID #V-34. The Ballot [III]

On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, RLavadour wrote:

> >I've decided to bind the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Bush vs. Gore for
> "The
> >Tenth Amendment" (that's states' rights).
>
> I'm curious to know if other artists have created work prompted by the
> recent election and the events surrounding it.

I'm too bushed to write a ballot concerning the goredian not with which we
were faced.  Among other "political" books I have made is one dealing
with Robert McNamara's book on his view of the Vietnam war.  It's called
McNamara's Folly and consists of photocopies of panoramic photos I made of
the Vietnam Veterans' Memorial on which I have made monoprints.  For
example, one image shows the wall covered in which with the surface barely
visible, another shows a red sky behing the wall and I placed yellow
thread (ribbon) around the trunks of the trees in front of the monument.
The end contains a legend with a caption, One Nation Divided, and cut up
map pieces.

I still have to finish one that I've started on called Impeachable Conduct
that deals with Clinton's indiscretions.

So enjoy, I always think that artists and editorial cartoonists (if you
actually think that they are NOT artists) make the most insightful
comments on contemporary issues.

Oh well, back to preparing for my graduate seminar on public policy
issues.

R*

R. H. Starr, Jr., Ph.D.
Professor