thefts British Library

THIEVES GO ON A BEANO AT BRITISH LIBRARY

Antique comics including the Beano and the Dandy have been swiped
in bound volumes by thieves from the British Library.
The publications, which are worth about =A37,000 in total, date
back mainly to the 1950s but some editions of Film Fun from the
1920s, 30s and 40s have also gone missing.
The library has now asked dealers and collectors to be on their
guard in case the comics, which disappeared from its base in
Colindale, north London, turn up. They will have a British Museum
stamp on the cover.

A spokesman said: "They are missing presumed stolen. These are
bound, complete runs in very good condition and we would rather
have ours back to sit alongside the others rather than having to
replace them.
"It wasn't until we had a stock-take that we realised they had
gone. We are asking people to be vigilant and contact us if they
come across them."
Bottom of Form

http://www.sky.com/

http://museum-security.org/