A Question of Technique & Integrity

My first commission : a delicate turn of the century Rubaiyat of Omar
Khayyam. The book is in perfect condition, is guilded on three sides, in
near perfect condition. However, the problem is the book has no covers
.  Where do I draw the line?  Do Ijust treat the obvious and give the
book now covers, if so, what style of covers are suited for this?
Bradel, case-help... I see the finished book in  full leather with
tooling I will try to match from the existing decorated flyleaf paper.

--I look forward to your insights, and comments.

Thanks, in advance
Sharon