eradicating remainder marks?

I want to thank all of you who responded to my question about Edward A.
Wilson, and I would like to ask about the best way to eradicate remainder
marks from books.  I hope someone has a good and simple method.

Thanks.

Yours, Bill Godshalk
*    W. L. Godshalk                                                          *
*    Professor, Department of English              *
*    University of Cincinnati                                             *
*    Cincinnati OH 45221-0069                   *   Stellar Disorder
*    godshawl@email.uc.edu                                *
*
          *